Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

To get everyone in the spirit of Fall (my favorite season), thought I would post the recipe for my favorite pumpkin cookies. I plan to make them this weekend....and a few other times in the coming months!

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

Combine and set aside:
4 cups flour
2 cups quick oats
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt

Cream (in a LARGE bowl):
1 1/2 cups butter

Gradually add to the butter:
2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup sugar

then add to this....
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 16oz can of pumpkin

Mix in dry ingredients to all the wet ingredients until combined through. Add 1-1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (if desired).

Drop by 1/4 cup onto lightly greased pan and bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Makes approximately 32 large cookies.

Side note: This recipe makes a LARGE amount of cookies so be prepared to share them with friends or plan on eating them for a couple weeks...and gain a couple pounds in the process. :) Also, I would say these "cookies" are a mix between a pumpkin cookie and pumpkin bread - just so you aren't surprised by the consistency.

Enjoy!!

5 comments:

Joanna said...

Yum!!!! I can't wait! Maybe you could bring some to group on Tuesday (if you have any leftover - I know I wouldn't)! Next time I'm feeling domestic, this is what I will bake!

Joy said...

sounds super yummy! i can't wait to try them!

Shannon said...

Ummm, yeeeaaaah. I'm gonna need you to go ahead and bring me some of those cookies...that'd be great. :) Oh and your toes look fabulous! Thank the lord up above for girls nights and pedicures!

Amanda said...

just volunteering to be some of the friends you need to share with :)

Tawni said...

Sweet! Thanks for sharing. I MAY have to make these in the next couple days. It'll replace my need for chocolate for a few days. :)