Friday, October 17, 2008

Ok, ok, I'll participate....

My friend Raleigh chose me in the game of "Blog Tag." Because I don't want to be "the person" who decides not to participate, here are six random things about me:

1. My first name is Kristen but I have always gone by my middle name, Danielle (well, except for those few, select family members who have always and will always call me Kristen). I was born 7 weeks early and almost died - I have scars to prove it. My dad prayed/claimed the verse Psalm 20:6 over my life when I was first born which says, "Now I know that the Lord saves his anointed; he answers him from his holy heaven with the saving power of his right hand." Kristen means Anointed One. Thus, why my first name is Kristen.

2. Growing up...and until about the age of 12, I was a complete tomboy. Playing in the woods, walking around barefoot, collecting caterpillars, I did it all. Which I know is hard to believe now with my love for make-up, accessories, shoes, clothes, and all things girly.

3. I am a self-diagnosed hypochondriac...always think I have some disease or illness for which I never fully get checked out or go to the doctor for. The illness usually changes every couple of weeks and I've been known to have the same illness a number of times (blood clots, anurisms, some type of cancer, heart attack). You know the movie What About Bob?, Bob and I are very similar in our phobia of sickness. I know it's extremely weird, unhealthy, and messed up but hey, I'm just tellin' it like it is. This particular quirk drives my husband absolutely crazy.

4. I hate the heat. Literally, my body shuts down if I get too hot. While most people love Summer and the warm weather, I much prefer Fall and Winter. I overheat quickly, lose all sense of reason and become extremely grouchy when I'm too hot. True story: In college, I went on a mission trip to Honduras where it was approximately 100 degrees at 6:00am. In the middle of the trip one of my friends said to me, "Dan, I really think that heat hinders and negatively affects your ministry." She was right on.

5. I love my feet. It's completely vain, I know. But, I think I have cute feet and I am proud of them. Thanks for passing them on, mom!

6. My all time favorite candies are chocolate covered gummy bears. The first time I tried them I thought they were absolutely disgusting but I gave it time and grew to absolutely LOVE them. They are hard to come by (which is probably a good thing) but when I do find them I buy them by the pound and eat them until I'm sick. I have no self-control when it comes to chocolate covered gummy bears.

The End.

I tag Ashley Winger, Amy Stroup, Heather Ward, Shannon Moore, Tawni DeYoung & Mandy Houle. Post 6 random facts about yourself!

5 comments:

Raleigh said...

Brilliant! I learned so much about you... and that is the point. Thanks for participating. See you soon. =)

Joanna said...

You are too cute. That is an amazing story about your birth. Your dad must have incredible faith. What a cool testimony.

The Moffats said...

very cute! I loved it! And now I know something new about you...actually, 6 new things about you! Let's get a play date scheduled! No prob on H man's b-day. We will look forward to seeing you another time!

HW said...

i'm on it...watch for a post soon. :)

Raleigh said...

i'm so happy that the game of tag continued with your friends. let's suck everyone in...