Thursday, November 5, 2009

Retail Therapy and A New Day

When Mark got home from work yesterday he lovingly asked if he could watch Asher so I could get out of the house and have a break from the bubba. He didn't even have to finish the sentence before I answered "Yes" and headed for my car! What a great husband I have!

Headed out shopping with my best friend and ended up buying these. So fun. They make me happy every time I see them. Yes, I know I shouldn't emotionally shop but that's a whole other blog post!

When I came home Mark was making dinner (again, an amazing hubby) and Asher was in a little better mood....Praise the Lord! After Ash went to bed I needed to unwind so I made these. They are my absolute favorite in the world. Delightful. After a few cookies and PLENTY of dough, I felt even better. What a perfect way to end a hard day!:) Again, I know that emotional eating is not healthy but this isn't a counseling session, right?

Asher woke up so much happier today. Still have some attitude and disobedience issues to work on but I can at least catch glimpses of my sweet little boy in there. Yay!

2 comments:

The Moffats said...

Yeah for a better day! AND SUPER DUPER YEAH for those awesome boots!!! :) We need to see each other soon. I miss you!

Irene Joy said...

Girl...there is nothing better than retail therapy. That and mani-pedi therapy.