Monday, February 9, 2009

These are the days to remember

Haven't blogged in a while - I guess it seems like nothing much has "happened" the past few weeks. But, I guess that's a good thing in some ways.

M & A both had the flu for a week...which was horrible all around. So glad to have them recovered and the 12 loads of laundry in 5 days behind us. Yes, 12 loads...I know you're jealous.
We celebrated my 28th birthday last weekend with my family at PF Chang's...mmmm, love that place! Can't believe I'm 28 though. There's no denying the fact that I'm now in my LATE 20's.
Cuteness
My dear parents and youngest brother, Dustin.

The bubba boy is SO close to walking, just not quite there yet. He's been keeping himself quite busy though:

Playing with his "Busy Ball Popper"
Kind enough to stop and give me a smile
Riding on his train (probably his favorite toy right now)
Pushing his train...and proud of it!
Hangin' out at his table
Taking a small break to squat and play with Mr. Caterpillar
Enjoying bath time...

...and a crazy hairdo.
Taking pictures with mom...for which he apparently says, "No, thank you."
Life certainly isn't perfect but we are in a good season, a blessed season. Some recent events have made me reflect on the frailty of life and the gift that it really is. Who knows how long we will have on this earth but I am learning contentment and to cherish every moment...the joyful, happy moments, the sad, trying moments, the grumpy moments, the mundane moments, the uncertain moments. All are precious, from the Lord, and I want to make the most of them!

5 comments:

Joy said...

We have the same train! Oliver loved his too. Asher is just too cute. I love the pitiful pic of him cuddling you when he was sick, barely even able to suck on his passy. Sweet baby. Yes, we are blessed. I've been so distraught for sweet Cora's parents - praying for God to be their ever-present help and comfort. Gosh, I just can't imagine. Love you, Dan.

Allikaye's Mama said...

Amen sister! I have felt the same way! And I am loving the crazy bath hair...awesome! Oh...we watched the Burned Foot Episode of the Office this weekend! Hilarious!! I am bringing a spray bottle to our next small group!! hahah!

Irene Joy said...

I feel the same way. Sometimes it's not easy but worth every second. You really never know how many more seconds you have. Sometimes I kind of keep that thought "it could never happen to me" in the back of my head (What happened to precious Cora) but it could. So every moment I have to cherish, even on those hard days when every one has the Flu.

Asher is such a little cutie. He has a charming smile that I bet is hard to resist! :)

Mandy said...

dan...what precious pics of asher man...what an uneasy couple of days it has been huh? thanks for your words....love you

The Moffats said...

I am amazed how many people Cora, Jess & Joel have touched. We sat with them yesterday after the service and we talked about what an encouragement it has been for them to know that Cora has strengthened so many families and brought so many people closer together and to the Lord. Thank you for being in prayer for them through this journey. We love you guys, Laura & Michael