Friday, July 11, 2008

Arkansas or Bust

Every Summer we visit my extended in family in Northwest Arkansas. This year we had a great time relaxing and spending time with my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Although, I will say that it was RIDICULOUSLY hot and humid...and I did not enjoy that part! Here are some pictures from our time:
Like father like son...
For almost 20 years now my family has been going to my grandparents' lake house for the summer holidays. I have so many wonderful memories growing up of being out on the lake with my extended family - jumping off cliffs, skiing, tubing, and lounging in the water. Sadly, this year was our last year at the lake as my grandparents are selling the house. It was fun to be there one last time to relive all the wonderful times!
Asher and I getting ready to head out to the lake

Mark and Asher on the boat

Trying to get a shot of his cute board shorts...


My wonderful husband
The Finzel fam on the boat dock

One of the nights we had a time of family dedication, prayer and blessing for Asher. It was so special to have our extended family speak words of affirmation and blessing into his life and really proclaim his life for the Lord.

No comments: